Sega is working with Mario & Sonic for the Tokyo Olympics in 2020. This version is better than all previous ones, with brand new events, a brand new story and 3D and 2D events to participate in. Watch the new trailer while waiting for the races to start on the 5th. November 2019 press release.
Have you ever wanted to see Mario against Dr. Eggman? Or Sonic versus Bowser? The fifth. In November, you can see all the iconic characters of Mario and Sonic competing against each other at the Tokyo Olympics in 2020, the biggest video game of 2019, Mario and Sonic! Take part in the competition at the skate park, on the diving board, in archery, etc. with an incredible range of 3D and 2D activities, fantastic Dream Events (who doesn’t want to see Sonic on a hoverboard?) and a full Story mode!
What you need to know about Mario & Sonic at the Tokyo Olympics in 2020:
- A whole new story: Help Mario and Sonic escape from the Tokyo 64 2D console that was created as part of the evil plans of Dr. Eggman and Bowser to catch the colorful and skilled power couple.
- A variety of events: Skateboard, surf and ride on the highest step of the stage! With over 30 disciplines to master in this fun Olympic showdown, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to compete against your friends in local and online multiplayer.
- Cross the line: Dream events create a layer of fantastic chaos. Take a hoverboard ride in the downhill obstacle course, bypass control of the territory with fast karate action, or crush as many targets as possible in a traditional Japanese farm!
- So many ways to play: Determine exclusively on the Nintendo Switch who the real champion is and use the fun and flexibility of the Joy-Con controllers to your advantage.
- Play with the fans’ favourite characters: The whole gang’s here! Play as Mario, Sonic and a first-class cast of your favourite SEGA and Nintendo characters!
Enjoy a variety of classic 2D activities, perfect for friends and family:
- 10 meter platform (diving)
- Barriers of 400 m
- Gymnastics – Safe
- Individual kayak (K-1) 1000m.
- The big jump
- Shooting – Trap
These fast-paced 3D events also challenge you to climb, jump, surf and much more:
- Barriers of 110 m
- 4 x 100 m relays
- Double canoe (C-2) 1000m.
- Discus Throw
- Equestrian sports – Jumping
- Soccer (Football)
- Gymnastics – floor exercises
- Karate – Kumite
- Rugby sisters
- Skateboard – Park
- Sports climbing
- Surf – Shortboard
- Swimming – 100 m freestyle
- Table tennis
- Triple jump
The pleasure even goes beyond reality with completely new dream events:
- The dream karate
- Dream contest
- A dream shoot
Date of publication
Mario & Sonic will be present at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics on the 5th. In America for $59.99 and on November 8th. November in Europe for the same price exclusively on the Nintendo Switch. For more information and to find out where you can order the game, check out the official website and our latest trailer.
* The Joy-Con function does not extend to all events.
Craig has covered the video game industry since 1995. His work has been published in various media. He is currently editor and employee of Age of Games.
How to load…
mario and sonic at the olympic games tokyo 2020 review,mario & sonic at the rio 2016 olympic games,mario & sonic at the olympic games tokyo 2020 download,mario & sonic at the olympic games tokyo 2020 download pc,mario and sonic at the olympic games 2020 release date,mario & sonic at the olympic winter games,mario and sonic at the olympic games (wii),mario and sonic at the olympic games 2012